Thursday, February 10, 2011

Anxious, Silly things

I have a 1st grader at home. She goes through boughts of anxiety here and there - nothing major but enough to be mildly concerning... At night she often makes sure the windows and doors are locked. Of course there is the general fear of the dark - and as of late does not want to go to school - because she misses her family...

Nothing major or probably outside of normal behavior - but I find myself going through all kinds of things in the morning to get her mind off of the looming drive to school - that often ends in tears...

Today she was rather sad so I drew a picture of her face and hair, in an attempt to get her to smile (no luck) but she did end up drawing in the body and crown(?!) to go with it...


The morning drop off went decent this morning - I'm not sure the picture helped but it was silly drawing on a anxious morning...

-A

No comments: