Thursday, August 14, 2008

Enough! Time to get a new one!

I think to some extent I had gotten tired of my Ford Taurus.  I bought it used at CarMax and had been relatively content with it.  Even though the air conditioning has broken every summer for the last year, ongoing alignment problems (in the 5 years I had it, I had gone through at least 3 sets of tires, 4 if you count the set that it came with).

When I bought the car it already had 24,000 miles on it.  When I traded it in today it had 97,000 miles on it.  The final straw was that at soccer practice last night it wouldn't start.  I had to try 3-4 times to get the car to start and keep running.  I'll be the first to admit I don't know a lot about cars, except that when the AC stops working, it doesn't start and it has almost 100,000 miles it's time to get a new one.

So that's what I did today.  Here is a picture of my new car...

And it is new, I test drove it with 5 miles on it.  So why new you ask?  Honda Civic's are crazy cars, it is about as expensive to buy a new one as it is a used one... I got this one for around $20,000 (still a lot of money) before my trade in.  If you go out to CarMax and try to find a low mileage Honda Civic you're going to pay that much anyway.  Like I said crazy...

So, after years of people telling me I should get a Honda, I finally did.  I will say the buying experience was one of the best I've ever had.  They offered us refreshments and they had Internet available for research (or goofing off), all in all it was a very nice experience.... 

Except that now I have a new monthly payment.... But I do have a dependable car that gets 35 miles to the gallon (on the highway).

-Aaron

No comments: