Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back on windows... Sort of

Today I just dropped a couple of hundred dollars on Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007.  I've spent all evening messing around VMWare fusion trying to get vista installed and now that it is done all I can say is... Wow.

I know I will lose points in the Mac World but I kind of missed it.  After working over a decade on just Windows (and Linux command line) it feels like coming home.  There are definitely things that work better on the Mac but my comfort level in Windows is about 1,000 times higher.

Vista does look pretty nice too... I'm thinking that VMWare running Vista may be the best way to  run windows.  I'll let you know how it goes but so far, it's pretty dang cool.

Oh yeah, it's awfully nice to have Windows Live Writer back.  If you haven't tried it it is the best Blog Writing tool available on any platform...

-Aaron

1 comment:

Scott said...

I knew you would come back.