Friday, July 20, 2007

Life is like that I guess

So, my dad is dying...  Ok, so he is technically my step dad but he raised me nonetheless.  Many of my best (or worse attributes) come from him.

Anyway, last year he lost a kidney to cancer.  The one he has left is only working at 50% capacity (so that is 25% over all).   It turns out on top of all that he has a small spot of lung cancer as well...

So, yeah.  He's feeling fine now but we don't know how long that will last.  He is taking treatments for the bladder/kidney cancer several times a week now.  And the doctors are trying to figure out what to do about the lung cancer now.

On the flip side he has a Grand Daughter who is about to get married, his house is paid off, he has his first Grand Son who will bear his name that will be born in a few months...

Life is like that I guess... Really bad things happen at the same time really bad things happen... It's never all bad or all good. 

It reminds me of the Zen story of where this guy is hanging from a vine while a tiger is looking down trying to get him, a poisonous snake is working it's way up to get him, and 2 mice begin to chew the vine.  With death coming from all around some honey starts dripping into the hole and he realizes how great the honey tastes. 

 

Yeah, Life is like that I guess.

 

-Aaron

No comments: