Friday, November 16, 2012

Removing SVN cruft

I'm slowly converting some of my old SVN projects to bitbucket (using git).  Bit Bucket is really the coolest thing when it comes to source code control.  If you can get over the GIT learning curve there are so many features that bit bucket gives you free (Issue Tracking, WIKI, source code browsing - just to name a few).  I don't know how or why but I love those guys...

 One of the odd / irritating svn does is create that .svn folder in all of your directories if you check a project out.  I suppose you could use the .gitignore for these but I stumbled upon a much better way to do this.  At the root of your project execute this command:
find . -type d -name .svn -exec rm -rf {} \;

Now if you are running windows... well... stop that go get linux or a mac!

By the way I found this little goody over at stackoverflow.


-Aaron

No comments: