Saturday, February 02, 2008

Subversion

One of my biggest concerns that I had lost was my source code repository.  Again, not a lot of stuff out there but several projects that were kind of interesting.  The good thing about the way my old server crashed was that the hard drive was intact.  I did a very small amount of research and ran across this article basically you issue a command to dump the old repository and issue another command to import it into a new repository.

Dump:

svnadmin dump /path/to/repo > reponame.dump
tar zcf reponame.tgz reponame.dump
scp reponame.tgz hostname:/path/to/new/repo

 

Import:

cd /path/to/new
svnadmin create reponame
tar zxf reponame.tgz
svnadmin load reponame < reponame.dump

 

That was basically the extent of recovering my source code repository.

 

Sweet!

-Aaron

No comments: